Cook: 10 mins
An easy, tasty gravy with a fancy twist. A perfect accompaniment for our Korker sausages and Toad-in-the-Hole.
1 onion thinly sliced
1 tbs oil
30 g butter
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs plain flour
1 tsp Stock Powder
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
Splash of soy sauce
2 cup water
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil and butter in fry-pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Stir in brown sugar and balsamic vinegar, cook a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Sprinkle flour and beef stock powder over mix and stir to combine. Cook for a minute.
4. Slowly blend in 1½ cups of water the Worcestershire and soy sauce, stirring constantly.
5. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer until gravy thickens. Add more water until the desired consistency is achieved.
6. Serve hot with your favourite sausages or Toad-in-the-Hole, buttery mashed potatoes, and vegetables.