Prep: 5 mins Cook: 20 mins
A real crowd pleaser for all the family and a low-cost mid-week meal into the bargain
8 Korkers gluten free sausages
2 onions, sliced
½ tsp dried mixed herbs
½ tsp English mustard
600ml stock (ideally beef, although chicken or vegetable
salt and black pepper
2 tsp softened butter
2 tsp gluten free or plain flour
For the mash
900g potatoes, peeled and chopped into equally sized cubes
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Place the sausages into a roasting tin and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 10 minutes until they start to colour on the outside.
3. Add the sliced onions to the tin. Mix the dried herbs, mustard and stock together and pour over the sausages and onions.
4. Return the tin to the oven for a further 20 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through and the onion gravy starting to thicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. For the mash, boil the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until tender. Drain and mash. Heat the butter and milk until the butter has melted. Add a pinch of salt and pepper then pour over the mashed potato and mix until smooth. Keep warm until ready to serve.
6. To make the gravy thick and delicious, mix the softened butter and plain flour together to form a paste. Remove the sausages from the baking tray, set aside and cover to keep warm.
7. Place the baking tray onto the hob, add the flour and butter mix and whisk until combined. Stir over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the gravy has thickened. Add the sausages back to the tray and warm through for 1-2 minutes. .
8. Serve the sausages, mash with the onion gravy spooned over and your choice of green veg on the side – we think you can’t beat a portion of peas.