Prep: 20 mins Cook: 50 mins
If you are after comfort food look no further. The whole family will love this dish and a after a long day at school or work this is like a hug in a bowl!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove,
1 large celery stick
2 peppers (any colour)
8 chilli sausages
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli flakes
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
400g can cannellini beans, drained
1. Put the oil in a large, heatproof casserole dish over a medium heat and add the onion, finely chopped, cooking for 5 mins until starting to soften.
2. Add the garlic crushed, the finely chopped celery and peppers cut into chunks, and give everything a good stir. Cook for 5 mins more.
3. Turn the heat to high and add the sausages. Cook for a few mins until browned all over.
4. Reduce the heat to medium, sprinkle in the spices and season well.
5. Pour over the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cover and continue simmering gently for 40 mins, stirring every now and then.
6. Finally add the beans and stir to warm through.