Prep: 1hr 25 mins Cook: 15 mins
Here's one way to freshen up pizza night - hold the tomato and try a cheesy white base, succulent sausage and paper thin potato slices!
4 - 6 Korkers original sausages
200g of mozzarella
4 medium red skinned potatoes
2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of rosemary sprigs
1 tablespoon of olive oil
90g of basil pesto
2 handfuls of rocket to garnish
Pizza dough: 375ml warm water, 2 teaspoons of dried yeast, 2 teaspoons of caster sugar, 600g plain flour, 2 teaspoons of salt and 80ml of olive oil.
1. Make the pizza dough by combining the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 mins or until foamy. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the yeast mixture and oil. Stir until the dough comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 mins until smooth and elastic. Place in a large oiled bowl. Cover with cling film. Place in a warm draught-free place for at least 1 hour.
2. Cook the sausages according to the instructions on the packet. Remove them from the oven and turn the heat up to 240 degree C.
3. Punch down the dough. Knead until smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out each portion to approx 25cm disk. Place each disc, one at a time on a large baking dish.
4. Sprinkle the pizza base with a handful of cheese. Arrange potato in a single layer. Slice the sausage into chunks and scatter over the base along with garlic, rosemary and another handful of cheese. Drizzle with oil.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Drizzle with pesto and scatter with a handful of rocket to finish. Repeat with the other bases.