Prep: 15 mins Cook: 45 mins
A winner for all the family and a great alternative to a Sunday Roast.
8 Korkers original recipe sausages
A few sprigs of rosemary
For the batter
1 American style cup or 120g plain flour
1 American style cup full of eggs or 3 large free range eggs
1 American style cup or 240ml semi-skimmed milk
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Put the sausages in a 20 x 30cm roasting tin with 1 tbsp sunflower oil, then bake for 15 – 20 mins until starting to colour.
3. Meanwhile, make up the batter mix. Tip the plain flour into a bowl and add the eggs and the milk.
4. Whisk it until smooth and then leave to stand.
5. Remove the sausages from the oven – be careful because the fat will be sizzling hot – but if it isn’t, put the tin on the hob for a few mins until it is.
6. Pour in the batter mix, tuck the rosemary springs in and around the sausages and transfer to the top shelf of the oven, then cook for 25-30 mins, until risen and golden.
7. Serve with gravy and your favourite veg.