Prep: 20mins Cook: 60 mins
This chutney is the perfect accompaniment to our delicious sausage rolls. Whether you serve them hot or cold dip them in this spicy chutney for a real taste sensation.
500g red onion
1kg tomatoes chopped
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 red chilli, chopped
4 cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
250g brown sugar
150ml red wine vinegar
½ tsp paprika
1. Finely slice the red onion.
2. Roughly chop the tomatoes.
3. Finely chop the garlic, ginger and chilli.
4. Place all the ingredients into a large heavy-based pan and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently.
5. Simmer for 1 hr, then bring to a gentle boil so that the mixture turns dark, jammy and shiny.
6. Place into sterilised jars and allow to cool before covering.
7. Will keep for 6 weeks. Once opened store in the fridge.