Prep: 20 mins Cook:40 mins
The classic Christmas stuffing
for the traditionalists among us.
Cook in the turkey or separately.
1 small Bramley apple
800g Korkers sage and onion sausages, removed from their skins
handful of fresh sage
140g granary breadcrumbs
1. Fry 2 chopped onions in 25g butter for 5 mins.
2. Peel core and dice the apple and add to the pan and cook briefly.
3. Cool, then mix with 800g of Korkers sage and onion sausages, skins removed.
4. Chop the sage and add to the mix.
5. Stir through the breadcrumbs and season to taste.
6. Use to stuff the neck end of the bird, then roll any leftovers into balls. Or, pack the whole mixture into a 1kg loaf tin and top with extra sage leaves.
7. Bake with turkey for 30-40 mins. Drain off any fat and serve sliced.